Friday, January 05, 2007

Al fin.. @ jackson memorial hospital

01.01.2007

Salida avion a las 3:00- Llegada 4:20 pm at Miami intl airport. De ahi mi prima Idia me recoge y nos vamos a su casa que queda un poco lejos... ( mas aun de donde yo vivo alla). Llegamos a la casa y ya era tiempo de preparar la cena. So basically today was just to catch up and make the schedule 4 tomorrow morning, in which i had orientation for the William J. Harrington latin american program.

I made my lunchbag, take my outfit out my luggage Go to sleep after talking with my friends.

01.02.06 : Woke up early so i could catch the metrorail . For the 3rd time in my life i was gonna take metro.It was nice,to be honest i expected the worst. So i got on metro at 7 30 am. Got to the Jackson Memorial Hospital at 8. Got lost looking for the William J Harrington offices at the jackson medical towers. But i kept on asking til i got there, 2nd first as usual. Merari was first. I met lots of other people that day. 4 mexicans, 1 colombian,3 brasileiros.

That day we get to know our way around.
The next day january the 3rd, i was supposed to report myself to my contact at surgery, which i did at 9 am. She gave me my program and to whom i should report at surgery dpt. But unfortunately i didnt have my id yet, so couldnt go do that. What i did that day was basically paperwork at the computer. Stuff i needed to do for the program itself. So it wasnt such a waste after all.

01.04.06
Still waiting for Ids. Left the hospital early, went to miami Library. Visited my cousins office.My best friend virginia called.

01.05.06. Finally i get the id badge, reported myself to Dr. Panos, attending for Cardiothoracic Surgery (Ct surg). He seems nice. I met him right at the OR, i watched a apical bullaectomy by VATS. Not much. but hey its a start.

Weekend: Mall trip... $$hopping... resting eating.. laundry. Back to sleep.

And thats end of week 1!







No comments: